2 min read
These Mummy Sausages are not only frighteningly fantastic but also super easy to make, ensuring that you have more time to enjoy the festivities with your little monsters. So, gather 'round, dear mums, and let's dive into this Halloween culinary adventure that will make your kids scream with delight!
Chipolatas – 12
Ready rolled puffed pastry – 1/2 sheet
Tomato sauce – 2 Tbsp
Honey – 1 Tbsp
Milk – for pastry wash
Edible eyes – 24
1. Preheat the oven to 365 degrees fahrenheit. Line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
2. Mix the tomato ketchup & honey in a small bowl. Separate your sausages.
3. Unroll the puff pastry & use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to slice 12 strips about 1/2 cm width.
4. Take a sausage and coat it in the ketchup / honey mixture.
5. Take 1 strip of pastry & wrap it around the sausage to create the ‘Mummy bandage’ effect.
6. Pop it onto the baking tray and repeat until all the sausages are wrapped.
7. Brush the pastry lightly with a drop of milk & pop into the oven to cook for 20 mins until the sausages are cooked and pastry is golden.
8. Allow to cool slightly & then add the edible eyes. They are quite fiddly so I use a drop of honey to make them stick.
9. If you don’t have edible eyes you can use a blob of mustard or sliced olives for eyes.
10. Serve on your fav bobo&boo dish
10 mins prep | 20 mins cook.
Perfect for the family to enjoy.
Remember to adjust recipes for young babies.
No honey under 1 yr
IMAGE & RECIPE from @my_foodie_baby