September 06, 2018 1 min read
1. Chop 1 portobello & 6 cremini (or button) mushrooms into small chunks.
2. Dice raw walnuts.
4. Add in your “meat” marinade. I used aminos, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire, apple cider vinegar, syrup, dried oregano, steak seasoning, salt/pepper, and stir until well combined.
5. Spread the mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet, and pop into a 375 oven for about 30mins, stirring frequently.
6. Cook your favourite pasta and toss in chopped broccoli at the last minute, drain then set aside.
7. Heat whole milk + half/half + dried garlic + dried thyme + salt/pepper until reduced by half.
8. Add in shredded cheese (my favourite to use for cheddar and gruyere)
9. Continue to cook on low until melted and creamy!
10. Mix all the ingredients together, toss into a baking dish, top with extra cheese, bake covered for 20mins at 190 degrees Celsius, remove foil, and continue cooking until top is golden brown.
This baby was down to half by the time dinner was over for two people. I’d say that’s pretty impressive!